The objective is to improve our understanding of past, present, and future climate changes in Hawai‘i. Our goals are to
(1) Provide detailed diagnostics of regional climate variability and trends.
(2) Identify large-scale climate drivers of local climate anomalies and climate change.
(3) Apply statistical methods to estimate future climate changes in Hawai‘i from state-of-the-art global climate models.
(4) Make our climate research results accessible to the community.
- Department of Interior, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, Pacific Island Climate Change Cooperative (PICCC)
[cooperative agreement #12200-A-J024 (Oct. 2010-Dec. 2012); #12200-A-J027 (Oct. 2010-Sep. 2012)]
- Department of Interior, U.S. Geological Survey, Pacific Island Climate Science Center (PICSC)
[cooperative agreement #G12AC20502, Oct. 2012-Sep. 2014]
- Department of the Army, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
[cooperative agreement #W912HZ-11-2-0035, Sep. 2011-Jul. 2013]
- State of Hawai‘i Commission on Water Resource Management and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers,
Honolulu District under Section 22 of the Water Resources Development Act of 1974.
Oliver Elison Timm
Phone: (808) 956-0958